Still Pretty

Leave a Comment






I'm gonna have a vent/testimonial moment right now becuz it’s been tagged on my heart to LET GO and release this energy. As you gear up for a wonderful Monday morning going to perhaps what could be ur dream job...I’m gonna try to say this in the most professional way as possible….I HATE WORKING WITH WOMEN working with women can be oh so challenging **smiles** I mean men can be in this mix too but the pettiness, cattiness, jealousy, envy, miserable azz people who have nothing better to do with their time but focus on what others are doin or not doin can be a tad ridick. I know I’m not the only one who experiences this so I’ve come to the conclusion that minding your business has gone out of style. I come to work (shift work mind u) and hear people make a big deal over the pettiest shyt I’ve ever heard of in my life. Do you have anyone at your job who cares what you throw in the trash can? How about that one person who looks at you as if u set a puppy on fire if you come in late? That one person who smiles in your face but secretly jots down notes on your every move to have ammunition to snitch later? Oh wait how about this…the community fridge that apparently should be segregated between days/nights becuz as grown folks we don’t know how to take what we put in. So if your on day side u dare not have ur lunch bag cross the night side or vice versa becuz the hairs on the back of someones neck may stand up to alert them you’ve invaded that space **holds up fist** ALL FOODS MATTER!! Where I come from and how I grew up if you had a problem with someone u whooped they azz kindly pulled them to the side and see where the miscommunication came from to resolve the problem in a professional manner but see things don’t go that way these days. Nope!! These days you just give the fakest cheesiest “hey girl hey” smile then talk about them behind their back or conveniently around a supervisor in the loudest whisper possible.



OMG did u just so happen to not log off your computer? Wait…please don’t tell me u left an unopened bag of chips at ur desk **clutches pearls**. I meeeean maybe I’m overreacting cuz I’m a tad bit more laid back and I’m looking for some phks to give BUT of all the things I’ve named above do any of those REALLY truly effect your life? If I just so happen to call out sick are u clocking my FB post/pics/status to clock my location? Oh sooooo I guess I can’t post up throwback pics on the beach cuz u gonna automatically assume that’s where I am huh!! REASON #132,609 to NOT be "friends" on social media with co-workers!! I would love to walk into work and hear a conversation over a fight for a raise. I would happily join the crusade with having our voices be heard with ideas to retain staffing. Hmmm what about this one…INCENTIVES **gasp** oh me oh my becuz God forbid u recognize good work from hard working employees right. Yea NO!! why would we wanna project togetherness, unity, positivity and team build when we too busy micro managing when ur not even a manager to begin with and worry about someone other than ourselves. When I say I pray before work and do a leprechaun kick when it’s time to go **raises hands to the heavens** it’s not a game! I come and prefer to have tunnel vision to focus on ME!! Thank God I have not just co-workers but friends who are my angels that keep me sane becuz lord knows **cue marvin sapp** never would’ve maaaaade it…without them!! Ya knoooooow being a celebrity (at work) is a gift and a curse. I am personable, phkn hilarious, motivating and encouraging but let me not forget to mention reliable and a dmn good worker. There’s no need for me to go into the good I’ve contributed to my workplace becuz I don’t need to be recognized for sharing my blessings and throwing my cape on to be the saver. My suggestions to those who feel unappreciated or targeted in ur workplace and life period-do what u gotta do to make the change and I need not say what that change is becuz it should be common sense. Hold on, Pray on it, Claim it and sit back n watch God work. Things to keep in mind while trying to hold ur mule: you cant win when u play dirty and no weapons formed against u shall prosper. Good ol’ KK to whom I admire dearly is the angel on my shoulder. I can always hear her voice saying “don’t act off emotion” and it’s definitely come in handy. My girl Lez is my comedic twin and Tiff be havin me laughin to keep me from crying. When people think so highly of u they wanna break u, keep that head held HIGH and be resilient!! **shouts* THEY CANT BREAK ME!!





I’ve discovered I’m more patient than I realized and it’s finally paid off. So stand back ye devil **in my Rev Lonnie Love voice** cuz I am covered. Becuz God knows my heart he’s led me to spread the word so when you overcome whateeeeeever fire they throw at you, u rise from them ashes and hit em wit the Kimbella “Still Pretty” and continue on to the blessings that await you!



Peep that glow of nothing but God shining on me ;)

smooches




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig