#NoMakeup

1 comment


To piggy back off of my previous post I wanted to touch on this whole new epidemic of Anti-MakeupERS who feel the need to bash n judge those who wear it for whatever reason. I find it funny to see and hear men say they like their women "natural" with no makeup yet break their necks n drool over these IG models, Kim K wannabe's and etc. The endless jokes of sorcery, bein fake and having something to hide cuz u wear makeup is hilarious. Does anyone call out men for being out poppin bottles in the club knowin dmn well they got $2 in they pockets or splurging at the strip club when they don't pay child support or how bout claiming this newfound "Boss" title folks throw around n give us the impression becuz they drive fancy cars n wear nice clothes they ballin' but all the while moochin off a woman and broke living off scams-OOPS!!




I read endless comments from women on social media who say certain comments and it's merely becuz if ur not in the makeup world....u wouldn't understand it-point blank period! I used to feel I had to "dumb down" or suppress my love for makeup becuz I know yall dnt understand the excitement of what I feel when a new collection comes out. I can get lost in Sephora for hours on end and has gotten to the point where SOON as Mason sees those black n white stripe doors he does the biggest sigh ever and finds a spot in the corner to leave me be. I am a regular at my makeup counters and have established relationships with my gals (and gents) which come with plenty of VIP perks **pops collar** and they loooove me. I have resorted to go underground aka makeup forums to share my love and excitement in the world of makeup and I learn ALOT. I know of products that are in the making, what's new to try and even collections my peeps at the counters don't even know of lol. We speak a certain language ie MAC dupes for UTA are MLM & RRB!! I just wanna debunk some of the myths of those who don't understand us:

Women who wear makeup are insecure and have something to hide
Interesting!! I didn't know there were so many psychologist to diagnose makeup-ERS. I love how folks automatically judge n assume someone's lack of confidence merely becuz they throw on foundation. Are my under eyes darker than Wesley Snipes chin? YES! But the truth of the matter is...I'm in deez streets wit NO makeup on-ALL the time. I prolly throw a face on maaaaybe once a week and even that's pushin it. I am faaaar from insecure and I don't know of anyone who throws on a face becuz they feel insecure. I meeeean technically makeup doesn't change ur physical face (unless u not using ur correct shade lol).

Why would anyone wanna spend so much money on makeup
How is what iiiiii choose to spend myyyyy money on affect anybody? Does it come outta ur pocket? Do I ask u for anything? If I choose to eat oodles n noodles cuz I splurge on makeup or do somethin strange for some change **wipes corner of mouth** does that have any bearings on what YOU do with ur life? I dnt need to justify HOW I support my harmless addiction but my point is...does the earth stop turning? Does the clock pause? And does the world end? Everyone has their own vice! Everyone has something they love to spend their money on! It's funny when I overhear and see folks who aren't into makeup say "oh I would never spend that on blah blah blah" as they have a designer bag on their shoulder. U may choose to splurge on bags, weaves, clothes or whatever and I choose to COLLECT n have a habit in makeup. Plain n simple. I dnt like a lot of things (I just can't get wit sushi) but I wouldn't knock anyone cuz it's not MY style. I don't drink so I can't fathom the thought of dropping $40 plus on liquor but hey-that's just me!

You should learn to love yourself and just show your true natural self
Well, Well, Well if this ain't a bunch of crock if I've ever heard it. Can you imagine what people would look like on TV in videos and movies with NO MAKEUP??? EEEK!! Soooo lemme get this straight...I don't love myself becuz I like to toss shadow on my eyes n glide lipstick across my lips? I wanna see folks show their true natural self and stop faking like they can afford that Benz when they should really drive a Corolla. I wanna see folks show they true natural self n stop buying these fake azz designer bags. I wanna see men show they true natural self n stop holding on to that receding hairline or penciling in a Teddy Riley goatee that clearly won't ever connect. I like to dye my hair. Does that mean I don't love myself? Do you walk out the house with no deodorant on? Let ur natural scent come thru...come ooooon be natural right? yea ok!! Your true natural self is being who u are regardless of what u wear or have on ur face.





If you love to walk out the house wit no makeup-kudos to you for being boring n not exploring all that life has to offer u haha. No but really, who cares!! You don't get a special face award for going bare ya know. You secretly wanna do what we do and u just don't know how. Doesn't mean u need to bash how fab we look cuz ur dry dusty azz don't wear more than Vaseline on ur lips. Oh wait lemme guess..u don't have time to throw all this makeup on huh? Welp! people make time for what they want and I choose to carve out time to throw on a beat (extra time if I wanna fight wit lashes). Bottom line is let people enjoy their hobby of makeup. I don't do it for attention even though it's inevitable ur gonna give it to me but that's not cuz of makeup ;) Men kill me thinkin we go out of our way for them to look at us (well yea some thirst buckets do but still) I'm just like dmn for the love of ray j does anybody knock a drink out ur hand to tell u "u don't need that drink"? NO! Some of yall waving the natural face flag might wanna consider throwin something on ya faces. I mean nobody said u need to go full throttle with makeup but step outside the box sometimes. Do I need it? No. I'm perfectly comfortable in and out of makeup but honeychiiiiiiiild **sprinkles glitter** I am myself to the 10th power wit the full beat **cue the most obnoxious Tamar Braxton impression ever** I love makeup as an art form but in the real world I live in I use it to enhance what I'm working with. If I could have it my way I'd look like a drag queen in the day time n not give 2 shyts bout what anyone thinks. Do I peep faux pas with some of these hatchet faces walkin round? yes! they are merely misguided n need to find their way. That's all lol but what I won't do is have to explain and defend what I love becuz it's not ur cup of tea. You might accessorize with jewelry and I accessorize with my face. It's just that simple. Plus there's no need to fake like u don't feel extra pretty, extra special when u get ur face made up. Every girly girl loves to feel pretty and if throwing on a new lipstick or gloss does just that why not.



Smooches
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. Yassss!! You said that very well!! I'm right with you! Makeup lovers forever!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig