Pregnant After 35: Due Date Set

Leave a Comment


Dec 2018; 33 wks
Each week I am stalkin the calendar. I am over being preggers. Like no-really. I am ready to get my mojo back, sleep without sitting up (lookin like that I Love NY meme) or being awaken with chest pains n heart burn. Aside from the gripe tho…there have been positives J I walked passed the mirror a few wks ago n noticed a lil junk in the trunk. I ain’t pay it too much attn til my stepma confirmed it over the holiday break **twerks profusely** ayyyyyye :P and despite being 8 months, I don’t have swollen feet n maintaining my Fig-Ya! I am goin back n forth on maternity pics. I feel slightly cheated I don’t have the full overly round bump n mainly lookin bloated but more so just taking advantage of the energy that comes n goes to pull myself together to do it. As much as I love taking baths, its becoming a task in which I gotta dedicate an extra 5-10 min to get out when its time. Phase 1-reach down to let the water out, Phase 2-brace urself to get on both knees, Phase 3-lean arms against tub for momentum to push up, Phase 4-why have u fallen back in the tub, Phase 5-repeat 2 & 3, Phase 6-stand up yet lean on the wall for balance, Phase 7-grab the towel n catch ur breathe, Phase 8-sit down on the toilet continuing to catch ur breathe, Phase 9-stare at the tub realizing soaking comes to a halt til after delivery, Phase 10-Enjoy the victory of surviving Phase 4!!! I shall start nesting mid-Dec-ish. It’s becoming too much work getting up n movin in the am then heading to work or comin from with traffic. The remainder of the year is flying…who’s complaining? NOT ME!!! I am ready to come back in 2019 with a vengeance to be a bigger n badder self. Although my energy is up n down, my drive to thrive n motivation is high-yet on pause until after my job is done lol. Maternity Leave is lookin reeeeal good these days. I’ve been local ALL YEAR **cue horror scream** the sacrifices we make bringing life into the world huh. Which reminds me…I need to renew my passport.



Dec 2018; 35 wks
We officially have a DUE DATE..well tentatively speakin unless Lil Meep Meep decides to come sooner. I am winding down to prepare the nesting phase. I was spoiled when my stepma came to visit over the Thanxgiving break where she cooked n drove me to/from work for a good 3 wks. She is a blessing I won’t ever take for granted. I hated to see her go L After dropping her off at the airport I got behind the wheel I hadn’t touched in almost a full month like-now what. It’s getting harder driving into work each morning sheesh! The stop n go traffic, tryin to drive comfortably, having to sit up to switch lanes smh-so annoying!! Now that we’ve narrowed down a date (which I don’t think they ready for), my bags are packed, paper’s for maternity leave submitted n I do need to do some last minute baby essential shopping. I have not been in the typical holiday spirit. Our trees are still in storage n there isn’t nere inkling of a decoration hung in the house. We will be wit my boys so we gotta keep up with our new ornament tradition to pick out something to hang on THEIR tree. I am in a great mood thinking of what’s to come going into the New Year’s though. I am hype n motivated to get back to self after taking a hiatus to rest easy. I’m also excited to be a part of the next chapter in my boys lives into parenting (and chuckle along the way). OH CRAP!!!! I’ve taken no maternity shoots-ugh…I gotta pull myself together to capture this grand finale of a moment cuz surely n I do me SURELY this is an event that will NEVER happen again (paper work also secured to make sure of it).


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig