Family Road Trip to Tennessee

1 comment



I've let this post marinate and for good reason. Although, this trip was taken right after the New Years, (yes I like the S) I didn't wanna post it up right after becuz I've been relishing in the moment. Over the holidays, my parents came to visit us from overseas for a few weeks and they are now safely home. While brainstorming this post, I've been able to relive and laugh at the great times we shared during this trip. It's so funny as a full grown adult to have ur parents stay with u and it's a different experience than when u were growing up. I remember as a child my parents always sayin the infamous "THIS MY HOUSE" line and have the attitude of being able to do as they please with they own roof supplied and now I totally get it lol. I actually kinda miss them and had gotten used to seeing them when I came home from work or my dad still being on his overseas time greeting me at 4am while he scrolled FB and steady sending videos **cringe** My stepma spoils us with cooking. I hadn't seen Wegmans for 3 whole weekends and she cooks dmn near EVERY day which I'm sure threw Mason's stomach off from the weekly noodles n Popeyes becuz iiiii do NOT cook everyday. TUH.

After Christmas, my brother and stepma kept talking about the road trip they had taken.

Disclaimer: I have long legs and short patience for loooong road hours. Anything longer than 4 I'm antsy but the longest I've done was 13 hrs to Myrtle Beach but I was young n it was in a van so that wasn't so bad. As an adult-7 hrs and that was recently when we went to SC to see Marci WITH a baby **blank stare** Yes, I survived but still; I also don't like driving much so there's that! 

Back to the story: They had all these cute little mom n son inside jokes on their experience road tripping to Chicago n Detroit n I'm steady giving the Kanye smirk n wondering how much flights would be. So the question was presented to everyone, if we could take a road trip where would it be. Mason: LA (he's been mentioning LA a lot **le sigh** ) and I without hesitation said: NASHVILLE!!




I used to be UB-SESSED with this show! I was horrified when it was removed from abc n went to another network n then u could really see a drastic change in the story lines but I remained a true fan of Nashville and I miss it to this day **pours out a lil licka** So, I became entranced with the music of the show and always told myself, I'd love to visit. Surprisingly, the trip always seemed costly and my dreams fell by the wayside. That was...until my parents resurrected them n settled for us to take a road trip to Nashville. EEEEK!!! During my doodling dreams I had planned out where I wanted to go, where I wanted to eat and stay but all that was tossed out n I said phk it...lets just wing it. I did know I had one thing that was MANDATORY during my visit to Nash and that was: BOOTS!!! I can NOT leave without some boots. 



So now that we've targeted our destination...after a New Year celebration in Bmore with family, we headed out. First stop: KNOXVILLE (well, it was actually a quick stop at Harpers Ferry but they were closed). I knew beforehand it would be a rainy week and I didn't care. I wanted to get the real feel of a road trip so I packed simple. No makeup, No wardrobe changes for photoshoots n no idea of what was to come. I just simply wanted to goooo and enjoy family with no intentions of anything planned.


We just drove til we got tired and stopped to eat at Storming Crab ooooomg!!! Delicious is an understatement. We had a full on family bucket of seafood goodness n the sauce was **muah**






After a well rested night, we got up n headed to downtown Knox where we went up in the observation deck to the Knoxville Sunsphere that gives a 360 view of World's Fair Park. From there we walked over to a historical spot called Market Square  where there were small shops and restaurants. The town was pretty empty being as though the neighbors aka college kids that attend UT were away for the holidays so we headed for our last stop...but not before some photo ops haha.




I must say...it was quite freeing with less! Less was my go to when I thought of packing. My onesie (aka catsuit) from Forever 21 n my everyday converse with a hint of Chico's got worn in more than one way n times!



My dad became my "creative director" scouting out places for me to blog and while he took "photo cred" to his own interpretation lol he also enjoyed photobombing me n reminding me to give him his photo cred for the creative eye!


And while it was a good thing I wasn't "working" cuz this is why u can't work wit family lol. Here I am tryin to focus on "blogging" and look how much respect my stepma gave to my craft by showing me her future home in TN n chatting bout the prices lmao!!




Fun Fact: My dad is a...well he was a well-known photographer and had a studio back in the days in Va Beach. He did the double exposure trick in the early 90's; waaaay before D Blanks made it his signature but that's neither here nor there and Mason is my sontographer when he's not ditching me to have a social life (then sends me an invoice **sigh**) so they had a "who's shot is better" competition. So competitive they didn't care that the subject-ME was lookin raggedy n failed to fix my clothes :7



As much as I can go on...this is where I pause. Y'all know I can write forevaaaaa but to wrap up Knox...it's a quaint market-y small town I'd love to stop pass again to enjoy the locals. Nash is about 3 hrs (or less I think) and they have good shopping centers nearby. Now of course that wasn't my priority so I didn't even wanna tempt myself n stay focused on the prize...UP NEXT...Nashville!!!!


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. You got me wanting to go to TN. The pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig