Lady Lilac

2 comments


Once upon a time before I got back into the world of 9 to 5, I had lavender hair and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was so spur of the moment becuz I had all the intentions of just going blonde but Kelly Osbourne popped in my head so I called my stylist Mahogany (at Hairmania) and she said LET'S DO IT!!! Now I will admit I was quite nervous. I had never been super blonde let alone lavender. OMG-purple hair??? EEEEK!!! I just seized the moment n took the leap becuz I didn't wanna die wondering "hmmm what if" (as if when u die u randomly think of all the shyt u should've n could've done but still) plus I had already put it in the atmosphere that I was going to get a 9 to 5 last fall (which came into fruition cuz I claimed it-yes Lord) so I knew it was a now or never moment. #YOLO


My lavender hair days have come and gone but at least I can check it off my bucket list. I did feel like a unicorn of some sorts in public amongst a sea full of "normal" hair women'z. Then again with these bundles flung around I already feel like that without purple hair haha!! So fast forward to today's days n times...I have fallen accustomed to keeping my hair "professional" these days so I only have memories through pics of what once was **cue daydream to reminisce music** Well thank goodness there was a wig I seen in a beauty supply store just waiting on me. The lady said the company sent her the wrong color and nobody wanted to buy it since it's such an unusual color. I was quite surprised becuz now I see all kinds of bright colors from the rainbow being worn. I actually like Teal but seeeee not everybody rocking it right cuz they butchering they heads up off some DIY type shyt or clearly an uneducated stylist. My girl is playing nooooo games when it comes to healthy hair. Even as blonde as I am it's still soft. Y'all ever seen them crunchy dry looking blonde's? Yikes!! Walking round wit they head looking like if u touched it, u dipped ur hands in a box of corn flakes smh. 



My ratchet girl side has been satisfied and it's even better cuz it was on sale lol. Aaaah just another laid back, low key look to wear running errands on the weekends haha. Now y'all know I'm not good with wigs right??? I meeeean after an hour or so I'm ready to whip it off n pet it in my lap :( Laaaawd I don't know how y'all do it or maybe short hair has spoiled me that much but I do like the option of hair today, gone tomorrow. This shade of color isn't for the faint of hearts. You WILL be noticed and acknowledged whether good or bad. If you still feel it's too much...don't worry you can vicariously live thru me. I'll be the sacrificial lamb so you don't have to ;)


Smooches


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

2 comments

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig