Revamped! Renewed! Relaunched!

11 comments
 


 
 
A few years ago I started a blog called Kandid Koilz about my natural hair journey, my makeup beginnings and other random thoughts that came to my insane mind. Hmmmm I think my last entry waaaaas March 2014-Yikes!! It can be a tad hard to keep up with when ur working 12 hr shifts, OT, traveling and being lazy along with tryin to keep up with an ever so fastly growin young man name Mason. A lot has changed since then but it always tugs on my heart to blog becuz I have soooo much to share. I decided to revamp it and start fresh. Honestly, what really called me back is becuz as of late…I’ve been moving on UP in the world yall and venturing off into high end makeup **waves pinky** yeeees daaaarling I have ARRIVED!!! The hard part IS ummm…apparently being the online shopper I be-there aren’t many swatches or reviews for women of color. Make no mistake there’s a plethora of reviews for lower end **coughs mac** but I really rely on blogs for swatches n reviews as part of my “research” to decide what im going to try next. I have not limited myself strictly to higher end (yet) but there’s just something that every true makeup lover should experience and enjoy when they enter that higher price range of a bracket with makeup **sits up straight with poise and nose in the air** Besides that I’ve come along way with the skills and techniques I’ve learned over the years. I sit back and watch, sometimes partake in the growing trends that come and go! I have little sisters who are getting into makeup along with friends who’ll randomly ask me how to’s and what to get type questions. If I knew then what I know now-is mainly what I’d also like to share so this can be fun as I revisit my stash and break out some oldies but goodies!
In another 8 yrs he'll be 16-is there a pause button?
 
 
Why Balls of Beauty:

The balls part…errrr uuuuh well I love balls!! Just saying balls excites me. It’s such a fun, quirky, nasty without being vulgar type of word. I also admire how gutsy it sounds when used in the context of bravery. I love taking chances in life and I’d be bored out my mind if I didn’t challenge myself to step outside the box. I hate anything normal (to a certain extent) and enjoy expressing creativity. I cringe when I hear people say “oh I can’t do this or that” or “only you can get away with” and oh my favorite line “I wish I could but” and it’s like why not? Now I can see if it’s because ur restricted due to ur job or whatever but I don’t take life for granted. It’s too short to not enjoy living. I see people work all their lives day in and day out, rarely take vacays, always sacrificing and putting others ahead of them…not stopping to smell the roses. After 60 yrs of excuses like should’ve could’ve would’ve- I always wanted to and one day I’ll…they retire and croak over and DIE weeks to months later. Never taking the advantage or opportunity to enjoy LIFE!!

 


So the Balls of Beauty was born (courtesy of Najah) becuz I'm a chance taker! I take risks! Especially when it comes to beauty. I remember being deathly afraid of red lipstick....liiiiike hell naw I dnt wanna look like a clown and now there's no color I wont nor cant wear. Never in a million years did I think I'd have not just purple hair but pink...liiiike WHAT??? ME? oh noooo. Sometimes u gotta take baby steps but lately I just been off the YOLO and just diving head first in shyt. There's nothing I wont try at least one good time. I want to encourage women to step outside their comfort zone every once in a while and just do something different. If you don't like it oh well...least u can say u tried it.
 


 
 
Now what else will my blog be about??? hmmm...besides sharing my love for makeup, I also want to share my weight loss journey as well. I have officially lost 90lbs since last April EEEEK!! I started off at a hefty 290 and here I am tipping the scale at 200...FINALLY!!! I can now skydive without paying extra for being over 200. My next goal is 175 and anything under is cherry on the top:
 
 
There's honestly a lot of ups and downs-emotional rollercoasters people DONT talk about and I just want to be open n honest with it cuz it's truly a struggle-like no joke!! There's no easy way out of losing weight. I have an amazing trainer who stays on my azz and I can't shake her lol. If I'm absent for a few weeks she's hitting me up like WHERE ARE U!!! that's exactly what I need to stay focused n be accountable. So I'll dump those stories in my 'Life of Uh Former Fat Girl" series. This joint will always be pic heavy cuz I meeeeean who doesn't go crazy in selfie mode n take advantage of good lighting? I won't ramble any longer...I just had to do a quick intro to get this long awaited blog out to the masses!! I mean sheesh I can only let yall wait for so long :)
 
 
Smooches
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 

 


SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Home

11 comments

  1. Thx for sharing! I look forward to being inspired!

    😁Blumahogany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. YAAASSSSSS!

      I was showing your pics to a friend: "I know this model! She's beautiful, huh?" #Werk

      Delete
  3. What a great story, I can't wait to read more!
    Ashley
    www.mysimplecurvylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it and can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. saw your post in our bootcamp...so i wanted to come by and show some love...so happy you got started..this is only the beginning :)
    P.S I love balls too ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so proud of you. I look forward to following your journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. You slayed this makeup boo! Congrats on getting started again, the first step is always the hardest. Looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing!! You look fabulous and congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're cute! You're son is handsome. Loved the "rambling", gives us a glimpe of what to look forward to. (I wish you wouldn't use the words becuz, ur, shyt, azz, etc. and use the real words)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! So looking forward to the balls if beauty coming up out of here! Congratulations and welcome back!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig