Pregnant After 35: Happy 3rd Trimester

Leave a Comment



Nov 2018; 28 wks

Woo Hoo…Happy 3rd Trimester!!! I must be honest tho…although we have surpassed some milestones, I still low key feel like…not really walkin on eggshells but…slightly cautious! I hate comin across preemie articles n stories of stillbirth cuz it makes me nervous. So I tend to scroll past n stay focused on the present. I am in the final home stretch!! I was finally able to let the cat out the bag to my co-workers. I am so blessed to work with an amazing team that allows me the flexibility and support to keep this smooth sailing for me. My teeny tiny tummy is now a teeny tiny bump becuz I see some women who at 7 months look so huge and my little “meep meep” bump lol. I am NOT complaining tho. Saves me from needing a bunch of maternity clothes I would just give away later anyways. As luck would have it, I’m officially anemic-hence the tiredness so I am now subjected to iron pills twice a day. I am soooo not a pills person. Medication frightens me so I deal with pain as natural as possible. I’ve also learned how to combat my heartburn as well. I was googling up some things n came up with: sugarless gum-but its only temporary; chewable tums-I’ve never taken tums before so I needed something appeasing to my taste buds; and chamomile tea-teas are no brainers for me n I only add honey. So far so good! These have been working in my favor which allows me to sleep n rest easy at night. THANK GOD!!! I took that nasty azz glucose test wit the infamous orange drink **BLEH**
n failed sooo round 2 consisted of the same just extended to 3 hrs **le sigh** I was able to pass that one tho wit flying colors soooo no diabetes here. We’ve clocked the due date between Xmas n the first 2 wks into the New Years as a prediction. Although my hopes of a birthday twin have been shattered-honestly…as the weeks progress, I ain’t mad. I was just randomly thinkin (as I was awaken by heartburn at 230a n unable to get comfy to fall back asleep becuz Lil Meep Meep wants to literally compete with me n take over whatever side I wanna sleep on) I am ready to get back to a sense of normalcy.






Nov 2018; 30 wks

As I sat n did my weekly bubble bath soak, I must say…God is so amazing. To think I’ve been chosen to be worthy after getting pass the heartbreak n hurdles of miscarriages, abortions n abusing my body n now celebrating 30 weeks of incubating life amazes me. I get emotional (it’s really the baby) thinkin WOW!! I am grateful n understanding of a woman’s work. To read stories and know the struggle of women’s infertility and loss along with the struggles to maintain a healthy growing baby throughout the estimated 40 wks is amazing. Now with so many options via surrogate, IVF and etc to know there’s still no guarantee of making it to the goal-the goal of having a baby earthside, I literally just paused in awe of LIFE. I wasn’t even aware of the IVF procedures where u gotta prep ur body n inject urself w/meds then get poked to grab this n that n get eggs implanted n omg I just can’t imagine. Hell I gotta try n keep up to remind myself to take iron pills twice a day sheesh. This journey has given me a different outlook n perspective of women-not that I’m the next feminist or nothing-but from the women who speak out n share to the women who quietly deal; it’s a powerful feeling to be a woman. It’s like a fire has been sparked to conquer any n everything I want n go for it becuz there’s nothing we can’t do. To reflect n think this time last year I was re-evaluating myself to prepare for a new year after losing a baby n still find the courage to be optimistic of divine timing n god’s will to now lookin forward to the many kicks n punches I endure by tiny feet throughout the days n and the oohs n aahs of seeing perfections of growth on the sonogram, my heart melts! How am I ever so lucky to be the chosen one? The one who used to take life n the creation of life for granted. GROWTH yall…wheeew!! The manifestation in ur own destiny is real. My chakra’s be aligned AF.



SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig