Weekend Recap

1 comment


Aaaaaah what a lovely weekend it was eh...This year Halloween fell on a weekend (if u love Geto Boys you'd automatically finish that statement) and the weather was perfect. I would love to one year go to a Halloween Party cuz i think its so fun to see people get creative with playing dress up. 


This bamma Mason was a ninja and thank goodness his costume only cost'd a mere $20 but sheesh...am i the only one who notices how expense costumes cost these days O_o i meeeeean what happened to the $10 boxes that had the plastic mask n table cloth poncho's??? Mason doesn't really even eat candy but he goes along with the trick or treatin then candy be left around for months (after i go thru n "test" all the chocolates of course). I was looking back on his past pics and realizing this month he'll be 9 **sniff** i had to pause after taking a pic cuz i realized...DMN...he's getting tall.


Like..waaaaait how is he catching up to meeeee. Then again i AM shrinking :7 Yet i do remind him no matter how much taller he gets i have no problem stepping up on a ladder to come up n knock his block off if need be. So while Mason was enjoying his night on the town....i on the other hand had a different agenda. See it all started just a few years ago when me and my girl Lez went to Kings Dominion **cue harps and wavy lines to flashback**

Redemption Ride
Back in my fat girl days we went to KD for the whole fright fest and stood in line awaiting the roller coaster ride. As we were in line we ended up on the conversation of being too big to fit into the seats for the rides with laughs n jokes. I seen this chick who's thighs was twice as big as mine finish her ride so i felt slightly confident i'd have no problem. So it's our turn, we hop in the seats and my thighs took up every bit of space in what seemed to be made for thin mints. The harness part that goes over the shoulder didn't wanna fasten wit the belt. I'm lookin over at Lez like AYE...i refuse to do the walk of shame to get OFF the ride but as extended as that belt was it was NOT trying to connect n snap to the harness. My heart was beatin SO hard becuz i was holding up the ride AND they had to re-lift the harness to adjust it to the belt like 3 times. Finally i had to take off my jacket n smoosh my boobs together and take a breath deeper than a Maya Angelou quote to fit inside. It was that moment i was like aaaaaawwww hell naw n pushed me to losing weight.



Fast forward to the present...I was back with Uh-Ven-Gence and ready to take on ALL roller coasters becuz i knew dmn well after losin 100lbs i would just sliiiiide up in there wit ease. Lez has her own journey (sans surgery) and we've both come a long way. It felt like such an accomplishment to be able to confidently get on the ride and laugh hysterically at how it went down before and we had a blast!! Revenge on the rides-CHECK!!!!

Now that Halloween is out the way, let's get ready as now the remaining months will officially fly by and with the holidays upon us it's my favorite time of the year in makeup land:


I'll be doing my latest makeup haul from the last friends n family sale from sephora along with my recommendations on what to go for and what u can pretty much pass on. I've been doin this a loooong time now so i can pretty much pin point the needs from the wants so i'm excited to share my haul. Til then...let's get this week on and poppin :)


Smooches





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

  1. wow mason has really gotten big. Oh yeah I remember the costumes in the box. that was a long time ago girl!!! lmbo You look sooo good!!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig