Nakimuli Visionary Jumpsuit

4 comments


Growing up and paying attention to my mom's style, I adored how she wore her pants: WIDE! They are also known as elephant pants, palazzo style or basically a longer version of culottes. Either way, I love the silhouette it gives and if ur lucky-forgiveness within the illusion. I came across Tennille when I went natural years ago from Andrea and her Fly Girl Blog and she always featured creative women. I fell in love with her work and been rooting for ever since. She's legit been a DESIGNER for over 10 yrs now. I have pieces from her earlier collections I hold on to.


When Tenny drops collections at Nakimuli I be missing the drops and next thing u know...SOLD OUT!! She doesn't do large quantities so when she previewed her latest...I was waiting!! Didn't know how much they cost I just knew these pants were my style AND had pockets **cue crazy fan girl scream** I meeeean...that is just the cherry on TOP!!! I was torn with what style to get. My manager suggested I go with these. I agreed because I know with the colors I can definitely be versatile.

 

Now...if ur legs are long like mine...you'd understand the problem WE have finding the perfect jumpsuit. It's such a hassle. They either stop AT my ankles, give me camel toe or it just fits weirdly around the hips part to where I look down feeling shaped like an apple-crazy!! Either way...I don't have a lot of jumpsuits as I'd like for this reason but I didn't 2nd guess it with this drop because I trust her (plus she does answer questions in her DM's lol). Here is the jumpsuit "shell" Never mind I'm just so casually snapping pics in my bra as the wind ever so gingerly tickled me. I meeeean...I guess technically this could be a look (but imma laaaaaydee). It's comfy, long, fits just right (1X-I prolly could've did an XL but again...jumpsuits can be tricky! You can tie however you'd like at the shoulder.


Now...lemme tell u what Muva loooooves...a meeeean oool' naaaasty draaaag! I'm talking deeper than any love n hip hop squanders, cuntier than Phaedra reading Kenya for FILTH at the reunion n draggier than even the fullest dressing room on Rupaul's Drag Races yaaaaasss daaaarling...SWEEP THE FLOOOOR n watch me gliiiiiide!!!!

Fun Fact: I like my pieces to be traditional with the ability to multi-task...Translation: I can wear it all year round!! 

Come, Come Laydeez...We are heading into Spring Fashions...for you brisky heaux I just showed you how to toss on a chunky sweater. Now I prefer oversize to give the option of adding a belt if needed but we all know the neon trend is still lingering...


This neon crop top (part of a set at Asos) makes me feel like I'm not about to be 40 next year lol. Its the perfect pop of color when your wearing black n white.

Moving right along...if you are ever in the mood to feel a tad daaaaring n adventurous; this is the perfect time to try MIXED PRINTS!! Black n White is an easy base to start with as it acts like a "neutral" and the possibilities are endless.

For my let me dip my foot n try mixed prints heaux....



I've paired one of my favorite thrifted finds (IG: @shopvintagebowtique) with Nakimuli print n it was just MAGIC!! This is definitely a funky fresh look (oooh...that sounded 80's haha). I love anything COLOR and it doesn't take away from the print of the pants.

I am being modest with this post because I literally pulled out jackets, blazers n bodysuits that go perfectly with this jumpsuit which is why I loooove that I'll get so much wear out of this. I still have leggings from over 8 years now from her that I still hold on to (and prolly need to Gawn head n retire lol). This post is totally NOT an ad or anything. I just like repping for dope women's who make dope shyt-especially within my style. She has yet to disappoint. For this shoot, I brought shoes but honestly...this jumpsuit is so draggy...it don't matter lol. I actually like that so the focus can remain on the jumpsuit itself.



Unfortunately my loves...my print is SOLD OUT!! But there is a solid RED and another print (which I almost got first). Either one u can't go wrong. I understand some people may not be comfortable as iiiiii so I'd suggest the solid color. Whichever u shall choose, I'm sure you'll enjoy. YES...you will see me all Spring, Summer, Fall prancing around in these.

Smooches

SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Yeassssss, I knew you would Kisha'fied this jumper. I love all the looks from the almost playboy look with the bra to the neon to the mixed print. Bravaaaaaaa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing boo!! That jumper is everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so honored!!!! It feels so good to design for women like yourself. You get it. AND you look good in it. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your style is FLAWLESS!! You are such an icon and glad you don't let age define your style.
    �� Lady Blu

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig