Wonder Woman

Leave a Comment


I made the decision last year to go back to school. I had been going on and off since about 99' and although I could've had a PhD by now, that's water under the bridge. Finances, excuses, fear and life hindered me from ever finishing. Last Fall semester I met this gorgeous young lady in Astronomy class name Saera. THANK GOD he sends angels throughout my school journey to help me out because she stayed on my azz every week. She asked me one day why I was coming back to school after a hiatus. I simply told her it's a personal challenge of mine. I am famous for starting and not finishing. I am a procrastinator. I also didn't want student loans hovering over my head for the rest of my life. 


One thing that did put a battery in my back was how cool she thought it was of me to be going back not becuz I had to but becuz I want to. You look at other countries of the world and men don't want women to be educated. Even looking closely at the stats here and being observant in the working world, u can see how women are underpaid and underestimated. But not to get into an I am woman hear me roar moment, my degree will be in general studies. To be quite honest even at 36 I haven't narrowed down EXACTLY what I want to do with it or where I'd want to switch careers to do. I am in a good place in my life now where everything is settling quite nice. I have plenty of support from family, friends and co-workers and where I'll be in another 10 years, I don't know.


My other battery in my back by default is Mason but I didn't notice it until after having a convo with my sister. She's been frustrated with school and finding it hard to stay motivated. She asked me my purpose in life or what drives me to do better. I am big on making sure Mason does well in school. We don't do peasantry grades in this household and I had to pause and make sure I set an example and practice what I preached. Everyone who knows me knows I HATE MAFF (math). I'm good at counting anything money related but the buck stops there-literally. I took on the challenge and utilized my engineers I work with who are definitely math whiz's!! This has not been easy for me. I've taken 3 classes a semester and have NO LIFE!!! I submerged myself in overtime when it came to Maff tho and I'm proud to say I PASSED WITH A B!!!!!! **twerks profusely** I've even sucked it up and decided to take my last maff class this summer (pray for me) because I am on target to be a 2018 graduate!! FINALLY!!!! I do it for myself. I do it to show my sister that although we have our opinions on the benefits or lack of that come from a college education WE CAN DO IT!! I do it for Mason so he can't ever tell me he can't. I do it becuz the impossible is possible when you put in that work to make it happen. There are people twice my age in my classes so I have no excuse. 

Wonder Woman Collection @alexandani
I figured it was very appropriate and well deserved to treat myself to the wonder woman bracelet especially since I got a 3.0 this semester **pops collar** and the next time we have this convo about school you'll be reading this as I pose in my cap n gown ;) I am into claiming, believing and receiving **raises hands in praise** The sense of accomplishment is priceless and one day i'll look back and say it was all worth it :)



Smooches





SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig