Royal Wedding 2018

1 comment


The royal wedding shall commence this Saturday and I am soooo excited AS IF i'm attending myself. Well I mean I did have to turn down my RSVP due to scheduling conflicts-don't cha hate that. So this week I made myself The Duchess to get everyone in the royal spirit. I love how my co-workers just get me. They know I am outside of the box so they appreciate my themes. Plus I just think it's fun to break up the boring, everyday attire n pep it up.

Theme: Fascinators

The last royal wedding I watched was Prince William n Kate in 2011. I was so enamored by the guest arriving dolling such beautiful n dramatic head pieces. Just watching them so gracefully walking into the chapel and the thousands of bystanders there to catch a glimpse of the party, how can u not fall into the hype. I know us on this side of the pond are excited that Meg's broke all the stereotypical norms of the royal families history n I found it interesting in how Queen Elizabeth had to give them permission to wed. How crazy is that-for us American's n what if we had adopted that same "law". So in my best British accent I've been donning them with the slang in which they fancied. My attire for the week was the 'bees knees' as I too wore fascinators or fancy hats. It's been rainy all week in the DMV :( but I managed to have my Paki bae, Sunny snap me!

Fun Fact: The white wedding dress tradition started from Queen Victoria who married Prince Albert in 1840.

Fun Fact: Princess was the first royal bride to omit "obey" from her nuptials and although Prince Charles will walk her down the aisle he will NOT give her away! (Girl Power huh)

Fun Fact: Meghan is actually the oldest royal bride at 36 (well dmn) annnd she's actually gonna break the rules n do a speech at the reception **gasp**


After the wedding, she will officially be known as Her Royal Highness. As we grow up watching fairytales n anxiously awaiting Prince Charming to come swooping us off our feet on a white horse, they are actually livin it over there. Can you imagine having to give up ur American ways to conform to the UK lifestyle n rules? Give up ur privacy, voice on social media, twerking in public wit ur tongue hangin out, replacing curse words with bloody...living in such a bubble where in public ur in a fish bowl or the pony show, and hiding emotions. I just want to be a fly on the wall when Harry asked his grandma for permission knowing she is half black, divorcee n comes no where near the bloodline of a 'toff' but a mere commoner-BLIMEY **drops tea n crumpets** The wedding starts at 4am on this side of the pond. I can't promise I'll be up but it'll definitely be on repeat I'm sure. I'm excited to see the fashions of course and just enjoy the overall hype. I feel like they really love each other and for him to be so cheeky n take a chance going against the monarchy grain has to be commended. Times are definitely changing and there is nothing out of reach when u go for it. Talk about taking life by the 'bullocks' (balls) aye! #RoyalRebels <3

Smooches




SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig