Guess The Color...Revealed

1 comment


Figured it would be fun to play "Guess the color" cuz y'all know how I roll. I meeeean for a gal who's been subtle to extreme ya just never know wit me. Oh the beauty in the unknown! I've been wanting to try this color for a while now so when Mahogany threw the idea in my head it was a GO!! Yaaaaaaaas....



Now of course I couldn't present a new color without a face :P Plus I was just itching and my hands wouldn't keep still. I've been keeping it subtle lately cuz it's just easier to throw on as little as possible for a natural look. I need to start challenging myself and get back into what I love...COLOR!!! 

totally didn't want my ombre lip to be this way

Drugs of choice for the day:
Nars illuminous (Cardiz) set w/Mac Careblend powder (med dark); Mac Studio  Finish concealer (NW30)
Highlight: Mac soft n gentle & Lust msf (LE-Temp Rising Coll)
Not pictured: Brows-Mac Lingering/Anastasia Brow Wiz (Brunette)
Blush: Mac Gingerly (absolute fave)
Eyes: TF golden peach/UD NP 3; Bobbi Brown black gel liner, Sephora Outrageous mascara, random lashes


Kat Von D liquid hippies have been my absolute fave since they came out. I can't stop collecting em (I wear Bow n Arrow the most) I used Ayesha, Requiem and Mother




Ok Ok Ok...I know y'all like dmnnnn just get to the freakin hair already lol so after all the teasers n what not...without further ado **drumroll**




























Top: @hustlevintage (IG)
That was fun right :) Reading folks shout out all these crazy colors lol, I'm like ummm hellooooo I have a 9 to 5 nooooow guys haha!! I know a good 2 people that did guess the right color **tee hee** 
Mahogany gave me gunmetal grey and it's everything I envisioned it would be. She never disappoints. I love seeing older women with grey hair. I call em Silver Foxes lol. I know many older women are dying their hair to run awaaaaay from the grey and I'm dying it to get TO the grey sheesh. I just sit in the chair n let her do her thing, walk out feeling like I'm bout to step on stage-to present an award lol. Don't worry...this shade is merely temporary becuz my staple blonde shade shall return. I will officially be short n blonde ALL summer long. 

 However, while I'm on the subject of makeup....figure I'd share my bloopers n secrets as well. My sister has been doing faces at Delaware State and I've been oh so proud to see her work. Like she is legit good and I'm not saying that cuz she's my sister. One tip I like to suggest is something I learned a few summers ago from an MUA I know locally (TeeJay) and also when I took Beatface Honey/Renny class. When you wanna know the truth about what ur face REALLY looking like...use that flash. Flash don't lie!! It's been plenty of instances where my bathroom light will have me feeling on Fleek but that natural light will have me like EEEK but honeychiiiiild...if u aint ALL the way together the flash will have u looking beat alright....beat the hell up as in do u need a medic :7


I use the flash with the light on and off-BUT only for special occasions and if I'm doin somebody else face. It's not something I'd do every single day before I leave out the house but I find it very helpful becuz I can look back on em and see what I need to improve on. I am my worst critic for sure. I already know I need to cover my under eyes (and set) more and need my highlighter mo' popping-FOR ME!!! I've been going light handed on the contour lately but nonetheless...this is what I do!! I study my pics and take notes for next time...U best to use the flash...or get embarrassed by someone else's lol. I know y'all be seeing these chicks unblended...seein where shyt starts n ends **wags finger** I'm trying to get to the point where it's well blended smoothly n seamlessly. I'm always open to more tips n tricks as well...Practice, Practice, Practice!!



Smooches






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

1 comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig