Never 2 Hot 4 Makeup

4 comments
 
 
 
Although it's been sweltering hot in the DMV I figured I'd still play in makeup. No matter what the temp gets I can adapt. It's so funny when people say "how do u wear makeup with it being so hot?" Ummm the same way u wear CLOTHES with it being so hot! The same way u have bundles cascading down ur back! Hot is just that HOT no matter what. To prevent my face from melting I just prime and set more than usual. My summer time face routine normally consists of Smashbox BB cream but since I've been testing out some new foundations I've been seein how they hold up in this heat. Note: I walk from my house to my car. I'm not walking around in no heat nor playing with the sun. I'z prefer the shade and AC on full blast. The key to staying Haute when its hot is long wearing makeup soooo what do ya know-my main man who just so happens to be the only consistent man in my life aka UPS dropped off a package that contained Kat Von D  ($20) new liquid lippies. Many brands are coming out with liquid lippies to sell us on long wearing lips but not all are created equal. Sephora collection brand has really good ones for $13 and no I haven't tried Anastasia's which seems to be all the rave. What I do like about Kat Von D's lippies is they ARE long lasting and depending on the color (moreso reds or vampy shades) they stain perfectly. My first KVD was Lolita which always seems to go in and out of stock and it's in that pinky mauve range. The 2 I received today I blindly took off a whim: Mother and Ayesha. It's really hard to choose becuz they're all so gorge. They snuck into some Sephora's a few weeks ago before being released online n that's when I grabbed the dark berry Exorcism shade (featured on my last post).

KVD Mother

I'm easily drawn to pinks yet the name put me in the mind frame of something old n boring but I loooooove it. I paired it with NYX Bloom liner.

KVD Ayesha
I have a low key love for purple lips so I was easily drawn to this shade. Now I gotta take time n compare it to Mac RiRi Boy, Men Love Mystery and Up The Amp. The only true purple liner I like to pair this shade with is Mac Resort (LE) which is an eye kohl pencil. But I really like her line of liquid lippies. Her studded kiss lipsticks can be a hit or miss on some shades tho but these are knocked out the park. I'll probably add more to the mix when I see more swatches or randomly test em in store. Some of my best purchases are impulsive so who knows!!

Now of course I had to do my **drumroll** impromptu photoshooooooot...This time my photographer sissy just so happen to be on hand lol:

 
 
Najah is an up and coming photographer and I decided to give her a test run to see how her skills could keep up with my modelesque-ness. It was so funny cuz I said "oh let's go to Najay spot" and I just did a drive by on these poses n VOILA!! Magic!!


Dress from Neiman Marcus Last Call /Shoes: Sam Edelman (last summer)

 




Aaaaah the infamous THATS IT shot




I wanna interrupt this program for a moment of silence....due to the heat wave in our area I wanted to make sure my plants would be well hydrated. As I stepped on my balcony I noticed a mere casualty **sniff** I was going to attempt CPR but RIG-UH-MORE-TIS set in and it was no sign of life. I was too late! There was nothing I could do and all I could think about was how it died alone. Nobody deserves that. That's why I can't stress enuff to live life to the fullest becuz life is too short **cue Michael Jackson-Gone Too Soon** Poor little guy never stood a chance **hangs head low** WHYYYYYYYYYY **kim k ugly cry face**
 
 
RIP Benny The Beetle, You Will Be Missed




smooches
SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

4 comments

  1. Seriously, my face spews sweat, and my head sweats. I'm a hot Nast wet mess in the heat. My makeup would be soaked up in the collar of my dress if I wore makeup outside in this Louisiana heat. It's to hot for life here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, my face spews sweat, and my head sweats. I'm a hot Nast wet mess in the heat. My makeup would be soaked up in the collar of my dress if I wore makeup outside in this Louisiana heat. It's to hot for life here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so nice in the pictures! I am really feeling the KVD Mother color; beautiful! What exactly is a liquid lippie? You know I have questions :-). I am just waiting for my field trip to try a new pink lip color but don't mind me..lol.

    ReplyDelete

BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY pipdig